Students must conform to the Canyons School District Dress Code. This list includes examples of clothing inappropriate for school or school activities. Dress code violations are not limited to the examples below. The following is not allowed:
- Low cut or see-through shirts and blouses.
- Bare midriffs exposing skin in the front or back.
- Clothing exposing one or both shoulders, cleavage, or any part of the student’s upper thigh or buttocks.
- Spaghetti straps, “tube” tops, “Daisy Dukes,” short shorts and/or mini-skirts which do not cover the leg from the middle of the thigh and higher while the student is seated.
- Clothing not fully covering the student’s underwear/undergarments.
- Clothing that promotes or reference tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or illegal substances.
- Gang related attire, including bandanas, hanging belts, jewelry and emblems, and/or clothes with specific numbers and/or colors.
- Overly baggy or “sagging” pants or shorts, oversized jackets or coats.
- Pajamas, bare feet, stocking feet, or slippers.
- Any clothes or attire with words or images conveying an obscene, defamatory, profane, and/or vulgar theme or message, or that promotes drugs, alcohol, or other banned substances.
- Unnaturally colored eye contacts.
A student’s dress code may be restricted beyond what is listed above, depending on a student’s individual circumstances. Please visit the front office or a counselor with any questions about whether or not your clothing choices may violate this dress code.
Dress Code Violation Disciplinary Action by Semester:
First Offense – Student will be warned, reminded of the dress code, and will be asked to change the non-compliant clothing to appropriate clothing.
Second Offense – Student will be warned, reminded of the dress code, and will be asked to change the non-compliant clothing to appropriate clothing. A written discipline referral will be sent to the parent/guardian.
Third Offense – Student will be warned, reminded of the dress code, and will be asked to change the non-compliant clothing to appropriate clothing. The parent/guardian will be required to meet with the principal, and the student’s continued enrollment at Diamond Ridge may be in jeopardy.